- is a private and not for profit, politically and religiously independent voluntary incorporated association and is a national branch of CIF International
- promotes professional, cross-cultural and educational exchanges for those working in the field of social services
- was founded in 1980 by alumni who had participated in an international exchange program
- has around two dozen members, who themselves have participated in one or more international exchange programs or intend to do so
- is one of 30 national branches, member of the Council of International Fellowship (CIF International), which was founded in 1960 in Germany
Executive Committee 2022 – 2024
Elisabeth Fischbacher Schrobiltgen Marisa Tejo Lüönd
Rita Gehrig Martina Valentin Ursula Keller Sabine Zünd
Treasurer Secretary Member-at-large Member-at-large
- organisation and implementation of work-related and professional exchange programs in the field of social work in Switzerland (usually annually)
- selection of new participants from Switzerland in CIF international exchange programs
- contribution to the further development of CIF International and representation in the relevant committees
- In 2021, our President, Elisabeth Fischbacher Schrobiltgen, was elected President of CIF International.
Here our Bylaws (in German only)
Your donation will help
The executive committee of CIF Switzerland, our members, hosts and the professionals who provide an input to our work are all volunteers. We do not provide financial reimbursement for this commitment, however, there are significant costs involved in running the exchange programs: for example, covering participants’ travel expenses within Switzerland.
The participants from abroad cover their own travel expenses to Switzerland, the program participation fee, as well health insurance and visa costs. For people from some countries, such a personal contribution is so out of reach that they cannot afford to make it. We would like to enable these people to participate in our program by supporting them financially.
In order to achieve our goals, we value and need financial support from individuals and public bodies as well as foundations and companies. CIF Switzerland very much welcomes any donation.
Donations to CIF Switzerland are exempt from Swiss taxes. On request, we will gladly issue a donation receipt.
CIF Switzerland, 3000 Bern
Swiss Post account: 30-760900-7
IBAN: CH95 0900 0000 3076 0900 7
Thank you for your support.
Advertising on our website or the international newsletter
You should advertise on our website www.cif-switzerland.ch for your courses, trainings, events, attendances or products!
www.cif-switzerland.ch is very well frequented by international and domestic professional and organizations in the social work fields.